Students will study geography, history, and cultures, beginning with the Family Unit in Kindergarten and expanding through Neighborhood, Community, State, Regions, and Western and Eastern Civilizations. All grade levels will also include Native American studies.
Social Studies in the primary grades begins with the self, family, community, state, region, and county. The fifth and sixth grade students also learn about ancient Greece and Rome.
Indian Education is also part of the Social Studies curriculum.
List of Materials Used
- Houghton Mifflin: We the People
- Teachers’ Curriculum Institute Social Studies Alive
- Pearson My World Social Studies
- Houghton Mifflin We the People
- Macmillan/McGraw-Hill The World Past and Present East and West
- Indian Education for All Library Books
- Classroom Libraries
- Electronic Supplementals: National Geographic Explorer and Time 4 Kids