CRESTON SCHOOL DISTRICT #9
REGULAR BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING
6 DECEMBER 2016
Chairman Jeff Sullivan called the Board of Trustees Meeting to order at 7:30 a.m. in the Creston School Library with the following members present: Linda Addington, Matt Hartle and Julie Tikka. Also in attendance were: Tami Ward – Principal, Tammy Bartos – District Clerk, Jen Johnson – 2nd grade teacher and Zachary White – community member. Absent: Austin Hughes.
Minutes: Linda Addington moved and Matt Hartle seconded to approve the minutes of the 8 November 2016 regular meeting. Motion passed unanimously.
Public Participation/Correspondence: Mr. White commented on his concern regarding the relocation of the Many Lakes bus stop from the pull out to the highway.
Clerk – Tammy Bartos reported. See attached.
Principal – Tami Ward reported. See attached.
Staff – Mrs. Johnson reported a summary of activities happening in several of the classes.
Special Education Coop – Tami Ward reported there’s been a lot of growth in the valley, which has increased the need for special services. For us that means we will be getting a new speech pathologist assigned to our school. Also, our long time Occupational Therapist is moving so we will also be having a new person in that position. We also will be having a Behavioral Therapist visiting our school to give recommendations in that area.
Educational Coop – Tami Ward reported they are gearing up for science.
Playground – Tami Ward reported. See attached.
Julie Tikka moved and Linda Addington seconded to approve the revision of Policy 3110 Students – Entrance, Placement & Transfer to include varicella (line 19) as a required immunization. Motion passed unanimously. See attached.
Sick Bank Committee Formation – There has been a request made to use the sick bank. A committee of three needs to be put together comprised of the principal, a teacher volunteer and a board member volunteer. Linda Addington volunteered as the board member. Tami will seek out a teacher and proceed as per policy.
Indian Ed For All (IEFA) – Tami Ward presented information regarding what IEFA is and the seven Essential Understandings that teachers are working on. See attached.
- Matt Hartle moved and Julie Tikka seconded hiring Michael Dedman as a special education para-professional. Motion passed unanimously.
- Transport Contract(s) – nil.
- Linda Addington moved and Julie Tikka seconded to acknowledge the two Out of District requests with Creston as the District of Residence. Motion passed unanimously.
- Linda Addington moved and Matt Hartle seconded to approve the two Out of District requests with Creston as the District of Placement.
- Gym & School Grounds Use request(s) – nil.
Board Comments: There was discussion about the Many Lakes bus stop. Tami Ward suggested having someone from Harlow’s come to the next meeting to explain bus stop requirements.
- The Board approved all claims for December 2016. See attached.
Miscellaneous Items of Business: The question about our missing board member came up and if we needed to find a replacement. Jeff Sullivan will try to contact Austin Hughes before the next meeting.
Next Meeting(s) Dates:
- Regular Meeting Tuesday 10 January 2017 at 7:30 a.m. (Julie Tikka informed us she will be out of town.)
Meeting adjourned at 8:10 a.m.
Tammy Bartos Jeff Sullivan
District Clerk Chairman