CRESTON SCHOOL DISTRICT #9
REGULAR BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING
10 JANUARY 2017
Chairman Jeff Sullivan called the Board of Trustees Meeting to order at 7:30 a.m. in the Creston School Library with the following members present: Linda Addington, Matt Hartle, Austin Hughes and Julie Tikka. Also in attendance were: Tami Ward – Principal, Tammy Bartos – District Clerk, Melissa Potts – 1st grade teacher.
Minutes: Matt Hartle moved and Austin Hughes seconded to approve the minutes of the 6 December 2016 regular meeting. Motion passed unanimously.
Public Participation/Correspondence: nil.
Clerk – Tammy Bartos reported. See attached.
Principal – Tami Ward reported. See attached.
Staff – Ms. Potts gave a summary of activities in 1st grade.
Special Education Coop – Tami Ward reported there was no Coop meeting in December; there was a Crossroads meeting. Crossroads currently services 3rd – 8th graders and there is a proposal to include K – 2nd
Educational Coop – no December meeting.
Playground – due to snow, Tami was unable to complete the report.
Information Items: Trustee positions subject to election this year: Julie Tikka and Linda Addington.
- Transport Contract(s) – nil.
- Out of District request(s) – nil.
- Linda Addington moved and Matt Hartle seconded to approve the Gym use request by Bigfork Flight (a travel basketball team) for basketball practice on Thursday’s from 5:30 – 7:00 pm from 1/11/17 to 3/1/17 and additional times as approved by the school administration. Motion passed unanimously. See Attached.
- Matt Hartle moved and Julie Tikka seconded to approve the Gym use request by H.O.A. Fox Hill Estate for a meeting on Thursday, 19 January 2017 from 6:00 – 8:00 pm. Motion passed unanimously. See Attached.
- Matt Hartle moved and Linda Addington seconded to approve the Gym use request by Tom Martinez on Wednesday’s from 6:30 – 9:30 pm beginning immediately through May 31, 2017. Motion passed unanimously. See Attached.
- The Board approved all claims for January 2017. See attached.
Miscellaneous Items of Business: For the May 2017 school election we will need to look for a replacement for Linda Addingtons position.
Next Meeting(s) Dates:
- Regular Meeting Thursday 9 February 2017 at 7:30 a.m.
Meeting adjourned at 7:57 a.m.
Tammy Bartos Jeff Sullivan
District Clerk Chairman