CRESTON SCHOOL DISTRICT #9
REGULAR BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING
7 MARCH 2017
Chairman Jeff Sullivan called the Board of Trustees Meeting to order at 7:32 a.m. in the Creston School Library with the following members present: Linda Addington, Matt Hartle, Austin Hughes and Julie Tikka. Also in attendance were: Tami Ward – Principal and Tammy Bartos – District Clerk.
Minutes: Linda Addington moved and Matt Hartle seconded to approve the minutes of the 9 February 2017 regular meeting. Motion passed unanimously. See attached.
Public Participation/Correspondence: nil.
Clerk – Tammy Bartos reported. See attached.
Principal – Tami Ward reported. See attached.
Staff – nil.
Special Education Coop – Tami Ward reported that they are moving forward with adding K-2 to the Crossroads program. It should be up and running in the Fall.
Educational Coop – Tami Ward reported that Eliza Sorte, the current director, has accepted a new job and will be leaving the Coop. Tami is on the hiring committee to seek a new program director.
Playground – Tami Ward reported the playground is covered in snow and water. Swing seats and tetherball are on order.
- Linda Addington moved and Austin Hughes seconded to accept Policy #2166 INSTRUCTION – Gifted & Talented Program. Motion passed unanimously. See attached.
Information Items: Trustee Candidates Updates – Julie Tikka and Nancy Keeton have filed their Declaration of Intent and Oath of Candidacy for Trustee Candidates.
- Matt Hartle moved and Julie Tikka seconded to approve a Resolution not requiring the school to reschedule because of an unforeseen emergency closure on February 6, 2017 as allowed per MCA 20-9-806. Motion passed unanimously.
- Austin Hughes moved and Matt Hartle seconded to approve the Budget Amendment Proclamation due to an unanticipated enrollment increase. Motion passed unanimously. See attached.
- Trustees signed the Petition for Permission to Adopt a Resolution for A Budget Amendment. See attached.
- Matt Hartle moved and Austin Hughes seconded to approve an additional Teacher’s Aide position for the remainder of the school year. Motion passed unanimously.
- Matt Hartle moved and Julie Tikka seconded to approve adding a part time Counselor position for the next school year. Motion passed unanimously.
- Matt Hartle moved and Julie Tikka seconded to approve the Gifted & Talented Program as presented by Tami Ward. Motion passed unanimously. See attached.
- Matt Hartle moved and Julie Tikka seconded the adoption of a resolution estimating changes in revenues/mills from tuition, building reserve, transportation and bus depreciation levies for school fiscal year 2017-18. Motion passed unanimously. See attached.
- Transport Contract(s) – nil.
- Out of District request(s): – nil.
- Linda Addington moved and Matt Hartle seconded to approve the Gym use request by the Many Lakes HOA for a meeting on Saturday, April 22nd from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Motion passed unanimously. See Attached.
Board Comments: nil.
6th Grade Presentation: at 8:00 a.m., in the 6th grade room, Ms. Hess along with some of her students gave presentations using Ed puzzle, I-movie, and Chatter Pix apps and stop motion videos to demonstrate their social studies and technology learning.
- The Board approved all claims for March 2017. See attached.
Miscellaneous Items of Business:
Next Meeting(s) Dates:
- Regular Meeting Thursday 13 April 2017 at 7:30 a.m.
Meeting adjourned at 8:12 a.m.
Tammy Bartos Jeff Sullivan
District Clerk Chairman